Niagara River Construction Inc. (and its subsidiary, Fairview Mausoleum, “the mausoleum”)
Liability Waiver | Fairview Mausoleum Community Easter Egg Hunt 2023
Important: Please read this statement prior to acknowledging and accepting.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY
AGREEMENT. BY MARKING ACCEPTANCE ON THIS WEBPAGE YOU WILLFULLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN.
YOU ARE WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE NIAGARA RIVER CONSTRUCTION INC., ITS OWNER, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AFFILIATES, REPRESENTATIVES AND MEMBERS.
Inherent Risks for Event:
– Slips, trips and falls can occur resulting in sprains, strains and broken bones.
– Participants could sustain cuts, bruises, twisted ankle(s), suffer a concussion.
– Weather conditions can increase risks of hypothermia, frostbite/nip, heatstroke, sunburn and other related injuries/conditions.
– Accidents can occur while walking, running or driving to, from and around the mausoleum.
– Insect bites, bee stings, diseases carried by ticks and mosquitoes, poison ivy, poison sumac, and
poison oak are all hazards inherent to the outdoors in Ontario.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY
ACTIVITIES AND RISKS
– I understand and acknowledge that outdoor recreational activities have inherent risks, dangers and
hazards. Participation in such activities may result in injury or illness including, but not limited
to: dehydration, heat stroke, frostbite, hypothermia, skin rashes, insect bites, bee stings, diseased
carried by ticks and mosquitos, sprained or broken bones and falls that may result in serious
injury or death.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
1) By our participation in these activities, I agree and acknowledge that I am a consenting party to
these activities and that I am aware of the inherent risks of these activities. I appreciate the nature of the
risks and voluntarily assume those risks. I am aware that other participants with me in this
activity are not responsible for my safety and that I am solely responsible for my own safety and
that of my dependents also participating. The risk of injury, including serious injury, such as permanent paralysis and even death, in any outdoor activity is possible.
2) I knowingly and freely assume all such risks on behalf of myself and my dependents also participating, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume responsibility for my participation.
3) I willingly agree to comply with terms and conditions for participation.
Niagara River Construction Inc.
RELEASE OF RELIABILTY
– On behalf of myself and my successors or assigns, I hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive,
discharge, hold harmless, and indemnify Niagara River Construction Inc., its owners, agents,
officers, and employees from any and all claims, actions, or losses for bodily injury, property
damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise that may arise out of my participation in
easter egg hunting and any or all other related and/or secondary activities, such as transport to and from the egg hunting site, for which I am solely responsible.
I specifically understand that I am releasing, discharging, and waiving any claims or actions that I may have presently or in the future for the negligent acts or other conduct by the owners, agents, officers or
employees of Niagara River Construction Inc. their successors and/or assigns.
– I fully understand that Niagara River Construction Inc. reserves the right to refuse any person it
judges to be incapable of meeting the rigors and requirements of participating in the activities. I
am in good physical condition and able to undertake this activity.
PERMISSION FOR PHOTOGRAPHY
– I may be photographed or videotaped, and I irrevocably grant to Niagara River Construction Inc.,
its successors, assigns, and licensees the exclusive right and authority to use, copyright and
publish my voice, picture, name, and likeness for advertising, publicity, or promotional and other
purposes in connection with Niagara River Construction Inc. in any form, including and without
limitation, social media outlets, newspapers, magazines, motion pictures, audio tapes, video tapes,
television broadcasts and web pages. The right shall belong to Niagara River Construction Inc. at
all times and shall survive the termination of this document. No additional compensation shall be
paid or payable to me for any right or use granted to Niagara River Construction Inc. by me.
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement fully understand its terms,
understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without
As parents/guardians of participants of minor age (under 18 at time of registration): This is to certify that
I, as the parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/ her
release as provided above of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assign, and next of kin, I release
and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability incidents to my minor
child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, even if arising from the
negligence of the releasees, to the fullest extent permitted by law.